Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Test Kits

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Test Kits

I have a Taylor K-2005 test kit so am not familiar with the FAS-DPD titrating reagent - can someone explain to me what this test actually does and can I buy the reagent R-0871 and use it with my current Taylor kit?
    Above ground 17,000 gallon vinyl lined
    DE filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Pool Test Kits

The FAS-DPD chlorine test measures FC and CC levels up to 50 in uniform steps of 0.5. To use it you need to get R-0870 and R-0871. I suggest you get a complete FAS-DPD add on kit, instead of just the two reagents, which is easy to find on the Internet. That will give you the instructions, a tiny spoon you need, as well as a spare test vial.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the info - I will check on the internet. Appreciate the help.
    DE filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Winston Salem NC

This is my first recomendation for the TF-100.

It comes with easy to understand instructions, and it is also an easy way to drive the golf cart out to the pool (for me) and knock back a few cold IPA's while performing tests. THe best part is that you know the numbers are meaningful and you can share them here and get immediate feedback!
    18x36 IG Vinyl. ~29k Gallons.
    Pentair CCP420 Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Inteli-flow VS Pump
    Hayward Goldline SWG
    Tigershark QC Robot

5. Back To Top    #5
    SW Louisiana

For my pool it was a Kawasaki Mule that ended up in the shallow end, which was particularly impressive not only because the pool is indoors, but because the front bumper cleared the french door frame by less than an inch.

Getting it out though did not involve a TF-100 in any way.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

This is all you need to upgrade ... t-p47.html

You have a different chlorine test in your kit vs the TF100; but once you have the FAS-DPD test you won't be using it much anyway, so who cares?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the help - just ordered the FAS-DPD from tftestkits - good suggestion. Should be good to go from here.
    DE filter

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

just ordered the FAS-DPD from tftestkits - good suggestion.
    Music to my capitalist ears!! It'll ship today.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School