Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: San Juan Fiberglass Iridium Finish?

1. Back To Top    #1

Newton, NC

San Juan Fiberglass Iridium Finish?

It looks like we will be installing a San Juan fiberglass pool and a San Juan fiberglass spillover spa. Our PB is strongly encouraging us to go with the Iridium finish. He says it looks much nicer (really sparkles in the sunlight) and if we were to get any kind of staining, the Iridium finish would not show it as much as the standard flat finishes. We are talking an increased cost of about $2,000. We are planning to visit a couple of references who have the Iridium finish to see it for ourselves.

I wanted get feedback on TFP about anyone's experience/knowledge of the Iridium finish.

Vince L

16' x 37' fiberglass pool, 8' fiberglass spa, Hayward Swimclear C3030 filter, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Goldline Pro Logic PL-PS-8, Goldline SWCG, Goldline Sense & Dispense pH control, Fiberstars LED's in pool & spa, AquaCal SQ175R heat pump, SR Smith Typhoon slide, Polaris 9300xi robotic cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: San Juan Fiberglass Iridium Finish?

We have something close to the Blue Lagoon from another company which is very nice. It does sparkle in the sun which is really cool. As far as stains, I don't know since we have only had it for a couple of weeks. I'm in Texas I can tell you that it does attract the heat, but I plan to battle this with a a pool cooler. It's cheap and worth a try.
    ____________________________________________________________ ______________________
    In the process of building a Lonestar Fiberglass Pools : Savannah in Caribbean Blue. 13,000 Gallons SWG, 4 therapeutic jets, Pentair 1 HP superflow (348023) pump, 200 Clean & Clear cartridge filter (CCRP-160353), Pentair salt cell IntelliChlor IC40, 3 LED lights, 1 skimmer, cantilever coping with integral light wheat color, and salt-rock pool decking finish.

3. Back To Top    #3

Southeast Louisiana

Re: San Juan Fiberglass Iridium Finish?

One consideration... if future gelcoat repairs are needed, it will probably be significantly easier to match the flat colors.

Slidell, Louisiana (near New Orleans) 11,000gal kidney shaped Trilogy fiberglass pool Intelliflo VS Triton TR100 filter Easytouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG Polaris 280