Test results... what to do first?

Dec 28, 2011
I am new to pool ownership, pool is new and was filled 18 days ago. I have been working to get the PH down and stable, which appears to have happened. Have a few questions about my test results, and what I should be doing next. Of note, the pool is clear. Pool details are 33K gallons, Jandy DE filter, Jandy 2HP 2 Speed Pump, Nature 2 Fusion. I am using a TF-100 test kit. Results are as follows:
PH - 7.6
TA - 80
CH - 260
FC - 1.5
CC - 0
TC - 1.5
CYA - 10 (estimate since the last line is 20.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I was planning on adding CYA next based on the pool calculator's recommendations.

Thanks,

Mike

Get the CYA up to at least 30ppm and then keep the FC in the recommended range (start keeping it a little higher when you add the CYA)

All else looks pretty good to me ...

Put your details in your signature. Is it vinyl or plaster? Where are you located.

Do NOT use the Nature 2 it will add minerals to your pool that can eventually cause problems. Are you planning to use the "evil" pucks?

Sorry, it is a gunite pool... I was going to use the pucks but keep a close watch on the CYA... Maybe alternate between bleach and the pucks. As far as the minerals, if everything else is properly balanced, you still think they're an issue? Perhaps I will just not use the cartridge side, and only use for chlorine.

If everything else is balanced you have no need for the metal in your pool ... and it will just accumulate as well like the CYA.

Just making sure you are aware of the potential CYA and planning to keep an eye on it :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.