Adding Salt to a NON SWP

May 24, 2012
I have an in-ground Concrete 25000 gal,. pool and would like to add salt to give it a better feel. I have seen so much on this in years past but now that I have my own pool i would like suggestions. It is a Fresh water pool. Thank you

Welcome to tfp, simond101 :wave:

That is a good link Linkterfur pointed you too.

Be aware that your current salt level is probably not 0 if you have used liquid chlorine/beach to chlorinate, so you may want to test with salt strips to get a baseline before adding any.

Thank you, I will head over to the pool supply tomorrow to get my water tested for my salt amounts :). Just a quick question....Is there a way to make the water sweeter? At times my water has a great taste and other times it does not. I am not quite sure what i do to get it to have that good fresh pool water taste if you know what i mean.

simond101 said:
Just a quick question....Is there a way to make the water sweeter? At times my water has a great taste and other times it does not. I am not quite sure what i do to get it to have that good fresh pool water taste if you know what i mean.

Stop drinking the pool water... ha ha. But seriously, it is probably mostly due to the Ph level of your water at the time, too low and sour? And seriously, if you use borax or borates, you should strongly discourage the drinking of your pool water by people and animals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.