Potential Vinyl IG renovation thoughts

Isaac-1

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 10, 2010
SW Louisiana
As some of you know my indoor vinyl pool is in the process of getting a new roof (almost done waiting on the back ordered skylight), so I am now thinking ahead a couple of years to the next major pool expense. I am thinking the next time the liner needs to be replaced (I am guessing another 3-5 years, more if I am lucky), that I want to replace the existing drop in steps with built in corner steps, I would also like to make the Hopper style deep end a foot or so deeper, and maybe change the slope profile from the shallow to deep end. This pool was built about 30 years ago, and is the fairly standard 20x40 hopper end with 3 ft shallow end taking up 1/3 of the length. Mostly I want a deeper well in the hopper, plus a 3 - 4.5 ft stepped shallow end.

How practical do you think these thoughts are?

thanks Ike

p.s. those of you with corner steps on your vinyl pools, please post pictures so I can get some ideas

You certainly can do it, but it won't be easy or cheap! You'll have to dig out the deep end further, completely redo the pool bottom, take out the steps, patch the deck where they used to be, etc. I've known some people who made their deep end shallower, but not deeper. It sounds like a huge mess!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.