New Pool Owner..........DESPERATE!!!

May 24, 2012
We purchased a home in South Huntsville, AL in January of this year that has an inground pool. It is 18 X 36, 3 ft. to 10 ft.
We have a Hayward Sand Filter and a Sta-Rite P2R Pump.
It also has a Chlor-Matic cm601i salt water system (that we haven't even attempted to tackle yet).

the pool was in terrible shape. As green as the nearest lake. We worked and shocked, vacuumed and shocked, balanced, stabilized and vacuumed some more. It took us a couple of weeks, but we finally had beautiful, clean water and swam this past weekend.

Early last week, we noticed the water level was steadily falling and could hear the water going out through the waste. We went to the nearest pool store after looking online, and got the replacement part for the Hayward Sand Filter (spider gasket). Turned out, we needed the entire part so we replaced the top portion of it and still have the bottom half in case we need it later.

So, everything was good until this past Sunday evening when we noticed that the water level had went down about 8". Thought it could just be from swimming the past two days. It rained Monday, didn't check it. Went back out Tuesday afternoon and it dropped at least another 8" to 10". Same thing again on Wednesday. As of today, Thursday (5/24) we have lost about 2 ft. of water. We have not ran the filter or the pump since we noticed the loss of water.

There is no water, that we can hear, going through the waste. The water level is now just below the "jets" in the deep and shallow ends. We have marked the level to see if it goes any lower tonight, but it does seem to be holding it's own.

We put red food coloring around the steps, both "jets" and the light and it doesn't appear to be "sucking" it in. There are no bubbles coming from anywhere else on the liner, even though the liner is older than I am (not really, but it is almost white).

We looked back at the pictures we took of the pool when we first removed the cover, and the water is about a foot lower NOW than it was then so I really don't think it is a problem in the liner. But it could be because I don't have a clue.

We are just wondering if it could be the "jets" and something to do with the pump/filter or all of the above.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Desperate to swim this weekend in Alabama,

Ann :hammer: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :rant:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.