Never-ending pool nightmare. Buckled walls.

May 13, 2012
I have a 33' round AGP.

One side of it is partially backfilled/built into the ground.

We had an absolute dead algae nightmare this spring. Long story short, we had a rainy cloudy weekend, a souped up pump from the firehouse, and 4 hydrants at the house with hoses to start refilling. We decided to drain.

Well, hubby didn't think about and, and wouldn't you know, when the water got low, the wall started to buckle where it was backfilled due to all the rain. Not really bad, just a few areas where its dented in maybe 2-3 inches. (Bad enough though, if you ask me). Although he does say the pool is still in the bottom and top tracks, and we can see no damage to the water.

He did dig away most of the backfill (and stopped pumping, and started filling) as soon as he noticed this was happening.

Now. I think we can gently tap it back out. He says we can't, that the liner could tear. HE wants to leave it, and that thought scares the Crud out of me, I'm afraid it can lead to problems down the road. Maybe this is the world's most wishful thinking ever, but I'm not convinced if we removed ALL of the backfill, that the water might just fix it on its own (stop laughing at me).

Any advice for two novice pool idiots??????

Well..........mine is buried 2 ft. plus or minus all the way around. Wouldn't you know it........that as soon as it was installed and filled we had a torrential downpour/monsoon. I've had a couple of inch to inch and a half "dents" going on 3 years now. Too much loose heavy dirt settled much too quickly . Hasn't been an issue if that help relieve your concerns any. And it's about a foot up the wall from the bottom.

woodyp said:
Well..........mine is buried 2 ft. plus or minus all the way around. Wouldn't you know it........that as soon as it was installed and filled we had a torrential downpour/monsoon. I've had a couple of inch to inch and a half "dents" going on 3 years now. Too much loose heavy dirt settled much too quickly . Hasn't been an issue if that help relieve your concerns any. And it's about a foot up the wall from the bottom.
Good to know! Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.