could one pass another pipe inside another?

filix

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2010
maine
I have a small leak somewhere from the pad to the skimmer. It causes the pump to slow down and then speed back up. When Ted AKA "waste" was here we tried to find it to no avail. He told me when I open the pool again, I will pull out the kizzmo and the water/antifreese should girgle and slowly leak out. But it didn't. It's like there was no leak. I thought if I could pass another smaller pipe all the way to the skimmer inside the other one. :cry: Dumb Idea? Right now I'm just useing the sideport to pull water to the filter. Ted said that would be ok, just you would have to do alot of hand skimming. That skimmer line is under alot of concrete. Thanks. Filix. :cry:

Thanks Gary. I pulled 100ft of 220 wire under ground through a small pipe with a little grease and a nylon string. I should be able to think of something. I was wondering about the reduced size of pipe, if it would harm the pump some how.

You might want to check other leak detection companies, I paid about $350-$375 to find one a couple of years ago to find a leak in the return line under concrete. The guy I used was from about 100 miles away, and I had to wait about a month for him to be in the area to avoid a large service call cost. As I recall he had 4 or 5 jobs in my area that day, most being pools.

Ike

p.s. leak was known to be in the pressure side, total length under concrete is about 70 feet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.