Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: More proof that BBB works

More proof that BBB works

When I first found this site, I loved the knowledge it provided, but the proof was in the beautiful pool pictures I saw of users of this forum/method. I wanted to pay it forward for anyone who's on the fence.

I closed my pool last year with the pool store method, and put in enough algaecide and trichlor to bring down a bull elephant. Knowing my CYA was too high, I did a partial drain and refill before I took the winter cover off.

I opened to this:

After a week, I've got this:

It took just under a week, and the only chemicals that went in my pool are 31% muriatic acid and 12.5% liquid chlorine. Total chemical bill so far? $17

This is the best forum that I've ever been a part of.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl Doughboy, 1.5HP Hayward PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater
    Pool Store year 1 - pool open 2 months, $850; Pool Store year 2 - pool open 2 months, $440
    TFPC year 1 - pool open 4 months, $170; TFPC year 2 - pool open 4.5 months, $95

Re: More proof that BBB works

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Almost everybody who owns a pool asks me what kind of filter I have when they see how clear my pool water is. I try to tell them it isn't the filter, but they want to just buy a magic chemical that will make the water clear instead of having to do a little thinking.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

Wow! that is some pretty water!
    16 x 32 inground with Tara Liner, 1 skimmer, 3 returns,
    1HP Hayward Super Pump
    Hayward Sand Filter
    Polaris 280 w booster pump
    Hayward SWG & Aqua Plus
    k-2006 Test Kit

Man...you're doing it all wrong.

The water's supposed to look cloudy so you don't feel so bad about jumping in and contaminating it!!
    -Gordon
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink: