Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: More proof that BBB works

More proof that BBB works

When I first found this site, I loved the knowledge it provided, but the proof was in the beautiful pool pictures I saw of users of this forum/method. I wanted to pay it forward for anyone who's on the fence.

I closed my pool last year with the pool store method, and put in enough algaecide and trichlor to bring down a bull elephant. Knowing my CYA was too high, I did a partial drain and refill before I took the winter cover off.

I opened to this:

After a week, I've got this:

It took just under a week, and the only chemicals that went in my pool are 31% muriatic acid and 12.5% liquid chlorine. Total chemical bill so far? $17

This is the best forum that I've ever been a part of.
    33' round, 23,000 gal AG vinyl , 1.5HP PowerFlo Matrix downsized with 3/4HP impeller (X2), Hayward S180T 150# sand filter (X2), Hayward H250 NG heater
    Pool Store year 1 - $850 for 2 months; Pool Store year 2 - $440 for 2 months, TFPC year 1 - $170 for 4 months; TFPC year 2 - $95 for 4.5 months
    The most important article on this site - The ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Re: More proof that BBB works

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Almost everybody who owns a pool asks me what kind of filter I have when they see how clear my pool water is. I try to tell them it isn't the filter, but they want to just buy a magic chemical that will make the water clear instead of having to do a little thinking.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

Wow! that is some pretty water!
    16 x 32 inground with Tara Liner, 1 skimmer, 3 returns,
    1HP Hayward Super Pump
    Hayward Sand Filter
    Polaris 280 w booster pump
    Hayward SWG & Aqua Plus
    k-2006 Test Kit

Man...you're doing it all wrong.

The water's supposed to look cloudy so you don't feel so bad about jumping in and contaminating it!!
    -Gordon
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink: