What Do You Measure With?

Sep 2, 2011
Nanty Glo, PA
I am just getting started with the BBB method and as I am measuring out my bleach dosages I am wondering what others are using to measure with. I bought a couple plastic 32oz measuring cups, but I frequently need to measure much more than 32oz. Do you all use a standard 32oz measuring cup and just make the multiple measurements? Do you have some homemade calibrated bottle to measure in? Do you have a much larger measuring cup you use?

I searched for larger measuring cups and they seem to skyrocket in price pretty quickly. If you have a link you could share to one that is inexpensive, please do!

Thanks,
-Garry

I have a 2cup plastic measuring cup and a mr coffee plastic tea pitcher that I measured out and marked the sides of for different measurements. That way I can just pour directly into the pitcher if I need more than 16oz of something.

I use my DE measuring scoop. I marked it with a scribe in ppm for my size pool based on 12.5% LC. I use twice as much when I use 6% bleach in small amounts. Measuring in ounces is just a huge waste of time. KISS.

I mainly use LC. If it's bleach, a half 182 oz. jug is 1.6 ppm for me (28k gals). I do that by feel. This ain't cardiac medicine. Think in ppm, do the math once, and it all becomes much easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.