Just filled pool now down pouring!! Yikes

Jan 23, 2012
Minnesota
Just got an 18'X9' ULTRA FRAME RECTANGULAR POOL and filled it today, and now it's down pouring and it's Suppose to do this all night. I have the filter on because we added salt today and it needs to run 24 hours For the first add.should I be worried? Anything I need to do? I covered the filter and saltwater system with a tarp to
Lesson rain hitting it. Is it ok for them to be out in the open getting rained on? Thanks for any and all help. Will it hurt the pool if the pool is overfilled? We have the cover on it that has holes in it.
Sarah

Welcome to tfp, Sarahip :wave:

Sarahrip said:
Just got an 18'X9' ULTRA FRAME RECTANGULAR POOL and filled it today, and now it's down pouring and it's Suppose to do this all night. I have the filter on because we added salt today and it needs to run 24 hours For the first add.should I be worried? Anything I need to do? I covered the filter and saltwater system with a tarp to
Lesson rain hitting it. Is it ok for them to be out in the open getting rained on? Thanks for any and all help. Will it hurt the pool if the pool is overfilled? We have the cover on it that has holes in it.
Sarah
Yeah, I am getting rain now too. If you pool is level it will just overflow at the skimmer without much issue, or slowly over the side if you do not have a waterline skimmer.

My pump and swg is under the eaves of my garage but still gets quit a bit of water on them when it rains. It has not been a problem, but covering should not hurt as long as you give the pump room to breath/cool.

Bummer on just finishing filling. This is what I am hoping for tomorrow. Pool arriving this morning and will be set up, but I'm not into filling that much with the well. Would probably take me a month to fill a 22 footer. Calling on prices, I've got cost of about $700 for water to deliver to fill completely. Not into that either. I have an elbow for the gutter downspout ready to swing the downspout up into the pool and I'm hoping to have rain tomorrow, but doubt it. Hasn't rained for about a month here even though it has been in the forecast every day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.