Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just filled pool now down pouring!! Yikes

1. Back To Top    #1

Just filled pool now down pouring!! Yikes

Just got an 18'X9' ULTRA FRAME RECTANGULAR POOL and filled it today, and now it's down pouring and it's Suppose to do this all night. I have the filter on because we added salt today and it needs to run 24 hours For the first add.should I be worried? Anything I need to do? I covered the filter and saltwater system with a tarp to
    Lesson rain hitting it. Is it ok for them to be out in the open getting rained on? Thanks for any and all help. Will it hurt the pool if the pool is overfilled? We have the cover on it that has holes in it.
    Sarah
    Above Ground Intex 18'X9'X54" Ultra frame rectangular Pool. Intex filter pump, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System. Solar Pool Cover.Eco Saver 20-Foot Solar Heating Panel System.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just filled pool now down pouring!! Yikes

Welcome to tfp, Sarahip

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahrip
    Just got an 18'X9' ULTRA FRAME RECTANGULAR POOL and filled it today, and now it's down pouring and it's Suppose to do this all night. I have the filter on because we added salt today and it needs to run 24 hours For the first add.should I be worried? Anything I need to do? I covered the filter and saltwater system with a tarp to
    Lesson rain hitting it. Is it ok for them to be out in the open getting rained on? Thanks for any and all help. Will it hurt the pool if the pool is overfilled? We have the cover on it that has holes in it.
    Sarah
    Yeah, I am getting rain now too. If you pool is level it will just overflow at the skimmer without much issue, or slowly over the side if you do not have a waterline skimmer.

My pump and swg is under the eaves of my garage but still gets quit a bit of water on them when it rains. It has not been a problem, but covering should not hurt as long as you give the pump room to breath/cool.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Whew! Thanks so much, now I can sleep.
    Above Ground Intex 18'X9'X54" Ultra frame rectangular Pool. Intex filter pump, Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System. Solar Pool Cover.Eco Saver 20-Foot Solar Heating Panel System.

4. Back To Top    #4

NW PA, halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie in the PA snowbelt

Bummer on just finishing filling. This is what I am hoping for tomorrow. Pool arriving this morning and will be set up, but I'm not into filling that much with the well. Would probably take me a month to fill a 22 footer. Calling on prices, I've got cost of about $700 for water to deliver to fill completely. Not into that either. I have an elbow for the gutter downspout ready to swing the downspout up into the pool and I'm hoping to have rain tomorrow, but doubt it. Hasn't rained for about a month here even though it has been in the forecast every day.
    Mike

22' round Intex UltraFrame pool, Intex 633T 2500gph paper cartridge filter/pump
    with broken Intex SWG, using bleach this year
    TF-100 test kit