Pool Skimmer Leak

May 18, 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
Just got our pool installed, it is an above ground. Filled the water up to the skimmer and noticed a streamline leak was flowing down the wall close to the bottom corner of the skimmer. So can I seal it with an apoxy or putty? Or will I need to drain the water and fix the gasket.

Blake1989 said:
Just got our pool installed, it is an above ground. Filled the water up to the skimmer and noticed a streamline leak was flowing down the wall close to the bottom corner of the skimmer. So can I seal it with an apoxy or putty? Or will I need to drain the water and fix the gasket.
Assuming the gasket(s) is laying flat, I would try to carefully tighten the screws that hold the faceplate to the skimmer first. If that didn't work I might try some pure silicone sealant (or caulking) as a bandaid for now, however, leaks at that skimmer to pool joint can be difficult to "bandaid". If it continues to leak you may need to drain down below the opening and take off the faceplate to investigate.

As Linen said, you can try to tighten it first but be careful not to over tighten the screws.

If someone else installed it, I'd have them come back out and fix it.

If you installed it, did you make sure you put the gasket on correctly?
Was it a butterfly gasket?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.