Step lights for pool deck

Mar 10, 2012
Im looking for recommendations for step lights. Our deck will be poured next week. Not so much for bright light, but for some illumination for ambiance and safety on the face of the steps. I really want something that will last and not corrode. Low maintenance is important to me for sure. Also, I don't know if I should go with led or not. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I just purchased a ~10" led color changing light off eBay that I am mounting in my steps, from the feedback and the pics I have seen they look really nice:
Just search eBay for led pool light and you will see them, its the one that says 546 led pool light, they ran me almost 200 bucks for the light but seems worth the $$
I am mounting them in my steps this weekend but from what I have seen so far they are supposed to be nice

$200 for step lights seems very high, but they do sound cool.
I think you are smart to go LED. I bought some basic louvered step lights from Home Depot (~$30) and mounted them in the wall so that they shine downward onto the stairs.
They look good and are very indirect. One thing to keep in mind is if you are going to add lighting elsewhere, you should think about the color of light and matching it up.
I have a mixture of orange-ish light (stair lights) and cool white (under counter lights) - I wish I'd thought about that more at install time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.