Beach entry/tanning ledge

Aug 1, 2010
Columbia, SC
I have a beach entry or tanning ledge that my pool installer put in with the construction of the pool. I am not happy with the way it turned out. Can I get some professional (or not so) opinions on it? Is this typical of what I should have? I have to run the water level as high as possible until it is about an inch from the top of the skimmer to keep water in the area at all. Initially the entire area was plaster and he went back and put in the tile because too much plaster was out of the water.

Attachments

• 2012-05-23%2020_12_57.jpg
    2012-05-23%2020_12_57.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 161
Most tanning ledges I have seen are just areas of the pool that are very shallow. I have not seen many beach entries in private pools, but the ones I have seen at resorts usually had a floor drain at the water line the full length of the "beach"

Can't think of any easy changes ... just to chip out the area to remove the beach and make it be shallow in that entire area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.