Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Beach entry/tanning ledge

1. Back To Top    #1

Columbia, SC

Beach entry/tanning ledge

I have a beach entry or tanning ledge that my pool installer put in with the construction of the pool. I am not happy with the way it turned out. Can I get some professional (or not so) opinions on it? Is this typical of what I should have? I have to run the water level as high as possible until it is about an inch from the top of the skimmer to keep water in the area at all. Initially the entire area was plaster and he went back and put in the tile because too much plaster was out of the water.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20K Gal Blue Plaster IG with rock waterfall, Beach Entry, Hayward Goldline Pro Logic controller and SWG,
    Sta-Rite System 3 S7M400 cartridge filter, 1-1/2 HP pump, Energy Therm Heat Pump, Nexxus Savi LED lighting

500 Gal Dynasty Miramax Fiberglass Cinema Spa

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Beach entry/tanning ledge

Most tanning ledges I have seen are just areas of the pool that are very shallow. I have not seen many beach entries in private pools, but the ones I have seen at resorts usually had a floor drain at the water line the full length of the "beach"

Can't think of any easy changes ... just to chip out the area to remove the beach and make it be shallow in that entire area.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!