What kind of winter pool cover would you recommend?

Jul 24, 2010
My winter pool cover was shot this year when I took it off. So we will be buying a new one at the end of the summer. For the past few years we've used just a typical winter cover with bungie cords tied to the bottom rail of our fence to keep it secure along with some bricks here and there to keep the wind from blowing under the cover.

Would like to find out what people recommend for inground pools without having to spend a fortune.

Thanks for sharing!

I use a cheap solid tarp-type cover and water tubes since 2004. I always open to a pristine pool. I do recommend a good Rule cover pump which costs a little more. I fold mine up and manhandle it into the basement. Animals will always destroy it if left outdoors around here.

Bricks are a bad idea. They will wear a hole in a cover in one season. I learned that fast. Water tubes are a pain but they don't do that.

About five years ago I bought an Arctic Armor mesh cover for our pool. It involved drilling a half inch pilot hole about every 3 feet around the pool deck, which took some effort. I got it installed in about a weekend. The cost for my 12 x 20 pool was about $350. Our neighbor had a pool company install a Loop Lock mesh cover a couple months earlier and paid nearly $2000 for it. I have compared their's to our Arctic Armor and I see absolutely no difference. Yeah, the install took awhile and I had to buy a concrete drill bit and borrow my neighbor's masonry drill, but it wasn't that tough, and it has held up very well. BTW, they also make a non mesh solid cover, as well as a solid cover with a mesh zippered cutout where water can pass.

Sent via iPhone with Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.