pool deck construct

May 15, 2012
Hi I'm in the process of putting in an onground pool and have just finished having having the hole excavated. I'm planning on backfilling the pool with 3/4" crushed stone (excavation is 2' wider than pool). We live in a climate (Newfoundland, Canada) that has a great deal of freeze/thaw during the winter and summer months usually hover anywhere from 12'C to 25'C on average. My question is I'm trying to decide what type of pool deck to put in. I was thinking of pouring a 1' concrete collar around the pool then going with interlocking paving stones for the rest of the deck. I'm concerned that if I poured a full concrete deck with the variations in temp (freeze/thaw in particular) it would end up cracked in a short period of time. Any help/suggestion?

Thanks, an "onground" pool is one which can be partially or fully buried in the ground (sometimes referred to as an semi-inground). Radiant pools is the manufacturer that I have chosen. Above ground pools can not be buried.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.