Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Poolvernuegen question?

1. Back To Top    #1

Poolvernuegen question?

I am contemplating replacing my kreepy which I am getting tired of babysitting with a 2x poolvernuegen the pool cleaner suction side for my vinyl pool but have a question does the poolvernuegen actually scrub the liner like the pleated seal and footpad do with the kreepy or does it just suck and roll over the liner? If it does not scrub how much of a benefit is it to have something that will actually scrub the liner?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Poolvernuegen question?

It won't scrub the liner, but you don't need it to! I don't have one, but the poolverneugen is highly recommended around here.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

If I choose the poolvernuegen since it doesn't' scrub the liner like the kreepy will I have to brush more frequently?

4. Back To Top    #4

I know you did not ask this but I thought I would share it with you anyway. I have a 4-wheel suction poolvernuegen and it cleans awesome. However, when it gets in a position that is spins the tires (transitioning from floor to walls and in corners or on its side in the shallow in) the tire spin will rub off your liner print.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for letting me know that is something else that worries me thats why I am having second thoughs on something with wheels. when it gets into a position where the tires spin does it get stuck or does it get out of there by itself?

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by rschrei518
    Thanks for letting me know that is something else that worries me thats why I am having second thoughs on something with wheels. when it gets into a position where the tires spin does it get stuck or does it get out of there by itself?
    It does eventually get out. It apparently is designed to change direction at different intervals creating some random cleaning patterns.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.