Salt Mixing Question

chdolfnz

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 21, 2009
Lancaster, pa
Hello,
Have a question concerning mixing of pool salt for my SWG......I am in the process of starting up my Aqua Trol in my AGP, and I need to add about 4 bags of salt according to the calculations. I know I can dump the salt in and brush it around until it is dissolved, but here is where my question lies...According to the directions in the Aqua Trol manual, after the salt is in the pool, it reads like this..

"Run the filter pump for 24 hours with the suction coming from the main drain (use the pool vacuum if there is not a main drain) to allow the salt to evenly disperse throughout the pool."

ok, my AGP has no main drain, so how do I use the pool vacuum to do this??....Do I hook up the vacuum hose to the skimmer return and vac head, and just let it recirculate through that??..or isn't that what they mean?? I am a bit confused here!!
I figured the pool water would recirculate enough just by running normally through the skimmer basket through the filter to get the salt evenly mixed??
Am I missing something here, or am I just having a "brain fart"!!!!..can someone explain how to use the vacuum to recirculate the water??

Thanks so much!!

Curt

Just dump it in. Brush it until it is all dissolved and run your pump for 24 hours (maybe brush a few times) ... that should mix everything just fine.

The vacuum would just allow you to pull water from the bottom ... if you brush, you will be mixing the water from the bottom of the pool.

Oh, and by the way Duraleigh...I got my new Speedstir this season, and it is awesome!!..definitely worth the purchase!!
Thanks

Curt

PS....are you anywhere near Garner, NC?..We have friends down there that we met at Emerald Isle, NC a few years ago!!
We go to visit them every August on the way to EI, then spend a week with them at the beach...we love Raleigh!! (actually would like to move on down there!!)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.