First time opening pool

oasis1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Hi there, We opened our pool on 5/20 for the first time. Started running the pump today. Opened up to a Clear Pool, EXACTLY the way it was when we closed it!! :-D
I have not added chemicals yet. Here are my test results from this evening

FC .5
CC 0
pH 7.8
TA 70
CH ? (I think I may need to order new testing supplies for this one)
CYA 0

I will be raising cya and shock at level 10 tonight(is that high enough?). Does that seem right that pH and TA would be perfect AND there be ZERO CC? Seems to good to be true!!

Thanks for any replies!!!

If the pool is clear and you have no CC-----------no reason to shock. Add CYA to bring it to 30 and match your FC to it from the CYA/chlorine chart in pool school. Get some chlorine in there quickly with or without the CYA if you don't have it on hand already!

I already added the bleach and some cya. Is it normal not to have any CC upon opening the pool from winter? I haven't posted any pics yet of my pool at all, I'm going to try to soon. I took a picture of the water the day the winter cover was put on and the day the cover was taken off......looks virtually the same!!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.