I did an acid wash and now have a pool of new water. Jason answered a post earlier covering most of my questions, but I have a few follow ups before adding chems this evening.
I'm using a Taylor k-2006c kit, and I'm pretty confident in my results.
* all I've done thus far is breakdown and cleaned the filter, powered it up, and added DE.
* here is my first run of test results:
I have a 14,800 gallon IG plaster pool. The pool calculator is suggesting these additions:
PH: 24oz 31.5% muriatic acid
CH: 285oz by weight of calcium chloride (where do I get this?)
CYA: 79 oz stabilizer
FC: 92 oz 6% bleach
1. does anything stand out as unusual with my test results and recommended chems?
2. nearly 18 lbs. of calcium chloride? Is that right? How the heck do I add that much? Where can I buy it - home depot?
3. 79oz of stabilizer? Again, this seems like a lot but maybe it's right to achieve 40ppm of CYA. How should I go about adding that much CYA at once considering how slow it dissolves? I do have some skimmer socks handy, but I have a hard time thinking a skimmer basket full of CYA for a week is a good idea. Help?
4. I'm going to adjust PH tonight, add about 2ppm's of chlorine (suggested amount is 61oz 6% bleach), and add half the suggested CYA. Tomorrow night I'll attempt to get my FC up to 4ppm. Once I get a reading of 20ppm CYA, I'll add the remaining CYA to hit my goal of 40ppm. Please let me know if that sounds like a reasonable plan.
5. My family would love to swim in the pool this weekend - are we dreaming or is this possible?
I appreciate any assistance or feedback. Thank you in advance!