Pentair V/S Pump Error ... CLean the drain

The pump has an automatic shut off if it senses a block. The only time mine has done this is if I adjusted the valve & shut off suction from the drain. If the valve is open & there is nothing blocking the drain, press reset, then start.

mckay said:
Mine does this everytime I clean the filters. Its a loss of prime in my case. I had to program a much longer prime-before-auto-shutoff to get mine primed again.

How high up is your pump having to pull the water from? Also, are you pouring water in the pump basket prior to starting the pump? I think the prime default setting is 30 seconds. What did you adjust it to? I don't think it should take too long to prime if you don't have any leaks.

Pump is about 5 ft above water level. I fill the basket but it has never worked. After reading the book on the pump, i upped the prime to 4 minuets before shutdown. It gets primed in about 90 seconds though. I also lowered the prime speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.