Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Pentair V/S Pump Error ... CLean the drain

Pentair V/S Pump Error ... CLean the drain

I did my first backwash on my pool today and when I go to start up the pump again - I get an error on it that says clean the drain before you restart. What do I need to do for this?
    33'x21' In-ground (23,000 gal) - 8' spa raised 18" with 8 jets | Filtration Jandy DE 60 | Sanitation Aquapure 1400 SWG | Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS 3.0HP & Jandy 1.5HP stealth water feature pump | Heating Jandy LRZ400 | Lighting Jandy LED Spa (1)/Pool (2) | Coping Tennessee Crab Orchard & Moss Rock | Finish pebble sheen type (riversand) Tahoe Blue

Re: Pentair V/S Pump Error ... CLean the drain

The pump has an automatic shut off if it senses a block. The only time mine has done this is if I adjusted the valve & shut off suction from the drain. If the valve is open & there is nothing blocking the drain, press reset, then start.
    26,000 Inground Vinyl, 16' x 32'. Pentair Intelliflo SVRS, with 30" Hayward Pro Sand filter.

Mine does this everytime I clean the filters. Its a loss of prime in my case. I had to program a much longer prime-before-auto-shutoff to get mine primed again.
    Brand new IG gunite and plaster approx 18,500 gallons measured at fill from H2O meter.
    Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge 420 CU.FT.
    IntelliFlo VS-3050 VS+SVRS Pump
    Polaris 280 Cleaner
    Intellitouch automation
    TF100 Test kit

Quote Originally Posted by mckay
    Mine does this everytime I clean the filters. Its a loss of prime in my case. I had to program a much longer prime-before-auto-shutoff to get mine primed again.

How high up is your pump having to pull the water from? Also, are you pouring water in the pump basket prior to starting the pump? I think the prime default setting is 30 seconds. What did you adjust it to? I don't think it should take too long to prime if you don't have any leaks.
    26,000 Inground Vinyl, 16' x 32'. Pentair Intelliflo SVRS, with 30" Hayward Pro Sand filter.

Pump is about 5 ft above water level. I fill the basket but it has never worked. After reading the book on the pump, i upped the prime to 4 minuets before shutdown. It gets primed in about 90 seconds though. I also lowered the prime speed.
    Brand new IG gunite and plaster approx 18,500 gallons measured at fill from H2O meter.
    Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge 420 CU.FT.
    IntelliFlo VS-3050 VS+SVRS Pump
    Polaris 280 Cleaner
    Intellitouch automation
    TF100 Test kit