Filtering 24/7

Are you shocking? If not, then running your pump all the time is likely just costing you money.

Try reducing the run time until you are not happy with the cleanliness of the pool (skimming, particles, etc) and then bump up the time a little more. I would almost be willing to bet you could get by with less than 12 hours.

jdelana said:
Should I not be doing this?
Well, I know I should not do this, but if I had to guess the average filter time (reported on TFP) , it might be somewhere between 6 and 12 hours daily.

nevermind, I'll go ahead and hit myself on the head for guessing.... :hammer:

No, wait. I did spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express last night! :eek: not.
But, I have read lots and lots and lots at TFP over the years :-D :wink:

You can save up to 50% on your electrical costs by switching to TFP (suggested pump run times) ...

This is the "quoting commercials thread" right? :-D

{Hey look at that ... and it was my 1500th post}

^I am about to experiment with weaning off the 24/7 pump thing as well. Stage 1 will be 12 hrs. straight.

My first experiment will be to see if A) at night the frogs can find their way out if they're NOT sucked into the skimmer so they can await and welcome me each morning ;) and B) Cover Free retains enough heat that I can avoid a solar cover and live with the gas bill.

Ergo I will be shutting down the pump at night and timing it to start up the next morning for a spell. I get a lot of leaf debris, so we'll see whether it accumulates most during the day or the night ;)

In

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So far shutting down at night is working for me...and the frogs. I'm no longer playing "who's in the skimmer this morning?" Some mornings do require a bit of hand skimming to save debris from the filter, and as yet I'm unsure if this will mean more vacuuming.
However, the foregoing has not stopped the local wildlife from drowning itself during the day when I'm at work ;) Do these animals not communicate with each other? Like, hey buddy, watch out for the pool, Red died in there the other night... Chipmunks in particular seem to have no concept of caution!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.