Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My first summerization, and algae battle!

1. Back To Top    #1

My first summerization, and algae battle!

I just wanted to post here about my recent successful (almost actually not all the way) story. I work in the hospitality business and was hired to deal with the 2 pools and hot tub. I've always worked on indoor pools in the past but never had I needed to open an outdoor pool, and when I took that cover off all I could say was "What the heck" - that's the PG rating anyway. It was literally a swamp with bugs swimming in it, a dead frog, and about a tree's worth of leaves. Being a smart fella I jumped on to TFP and read up Turning Your Green Swamp Back into a Sparking Oasis and started a journey which I never wish to walk again.

I followed this post verbatim and with an near end result of a nice crisp looking pool. So a big thank you everybody that contributes here, couldn't have done it without you. With the combined knowledge that I've read here and from past experiences I think I can handle just about any problem that a pool can throw at me ( maybe ).

So without wasting too much more time I'll post the pictures I've taken so far and will continue to post until I'm through.

[center:23vjhu4c]Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

[/center:23vjhu4c]

[edit] Added Day 3.
    69,000 Gal gunite indoor IG pool.
    5 HP Emerson - Pentair Triton II Commercial TR140c Sand Filter x2
    5,000 Gal gunite outdoor IG hot tub
    2 HP Sta-Rite - Pentair Triton II Commercial TR140c Sand Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My first summerization, and algae battle!

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I was actually expecting a MUCH worse Day 1 picture based on the description and some pools we have seen.

Amazing the change to Day 2 ... nice work!!!
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    I was actually expecting a MUCH worse Day 1 picture based on the description and some pools we have seen.

Amazing the change to Day 2 ... nice work!!!
    Thanks I spent my full 8 hour shift shocking/brushing etc. because my boss has crazy expectations as to when it's going to be ready (like 2-3 days, ha). The reason it looks as it does was because this was taken after I skimmed the leaves and bugs, but before I brushed the algae, and I've definitely seen worse but it only pictures, it only seems much worse when it happens to you.
    69,000 Gal gunite indoor IG pool.
    5 HP Emerson - Pentair Triton II Commercial TR140c Sand Filter x2
    5,000 Gal gunite outdoor IG hot tub
    2 HP Sta-Rite - Pentair Triton II Commercial TR140c Sand Filter