Intex frame pool on unlevel ground?

ClareJ

May 23, 2012
I've had a standard quick set pool for a few years, my lawn slopes so I kind of built up a wall of compost around the edge of the pool giving me a deeper middle if you know what I mean.

Anyway that pool is now beyond repair, so I'm either thinking of getting another the same or getting a bigger frame pool, just a bit worried about the frame pool with my sloping garden. Levelling it isn't an option, as there's nobody to do it for me and it would be way to expensive to have it done professionally.

So, frame pool on a slight slope, any experience?

Welcome to tfp, ClareJ :wave:

ClareJ said:
So, frame pool on a slight slope, any experience?
How slight? Generally the above ground pools should be within 1" of level. The intex frame pools seem to be able to handle a bit more slope, my neighbors is about 2.5 inches from one side to the other (16 ft pool)...it definitely looks tenuous and I sure wouldn't want it next to my house.

You have to level your ground. No way around it. My first intex frame pool was about 2" off all summer. While no catastrophe happened, the extra pull frame bent the frame over time and it was unusable the next season. Plus I was always worried about it. Now, our pool spot is level. Take the time or spend extra money to get it level. You will be happy in the long run.

I've bought another like the one I had before after a man in a pool shop advised me not to get a frame one with the unlevel ground, it's filling up but one side is about 2 inches deeper than the other at the moment, yikes!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.