Taylor FAS-DPD CC test - waiting 2 minutes produces pink.

lalittle

Apr 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I recently noticed that with the combined chlorine phase of the Taylor FAS-DPD test, even though the immediate results of adding/swirling show no pink, if I wait 2 full minutes after adding the 5 drops of R-0003 the water eventually turns a bit pink. I'm not sure how to interpret this. Does this mean that there is actually some CC, but that it takes some time to show up and that I should add this waiting period to the testing, or does this mean that waiting too long after adding the R-0003 will produce inaccurate results?

Thanks,

Larry

Re: Taylor FAS-DPD CC test - waiting 2 minutes produces pink

The FAS-DPD test will always turn pink if you leave it sitting around after completing the test. That doesn't mean anything. You want to do the test reasonably quickly, no coffee breaks in the middle :) , waiting around too long will invalidate the results.

Re: Taylor FAS-DPD CC test - waiting 2 minutes produces pink

Thanks -- that's the information I was looking for. I discovered this effect accidentally, so I just wanted to confirm that the results after waiting at that phase weren't the "real" results.

Larry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.