Pool krete

kyle11

May 17, 2012
While researching my pool install I always assumed I would contract out the pool Krete job but after looking at how much people charge just for labor I am rethinking it. Just had a few questions.

1. On a hot southern sunny day how long after a batch is made would I have to spead it?

2. Is there anything worse that could happen beside me doing a section or 2 and realize I am not going to be able to make it look right? Other than lost pool Krete and time is there any reason not to attempt it?

3. Is there a cheap place to get this stuff. I think I am looking at about 65 bags. Online or local would be fine just the cheapest places to look. I am located in north Alabama also.

Thanks!

There's no reason not to try it, but unless you're pretty good with masonry, it's a fairly good job. You could always build a form and mix up a sack and test lay it to see how it works. That way you'd only waste a sack or two

Im in the same boat as you kyle11. I am going to do what bama suggested and just mixup one bag to "practice" with, if I get it down and looking good and my confidence is up, then ill tackle the entire pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.