Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sand filter to summer escapes pool? Compatible?

1. Back To Top    #1

Sand filter to summer escapes pool? Compatible?

Trying to hook up a new sand filter to a summer escapes pool. 18ft. Is this possible and how. I need basic terms would be appreciate. New pool owner. Thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sand filter to summer escapes pool? Compatible?

Welcome to TFP!

What filter do you have? If you could post some pictures of the filter and hose connections it might help those of us not familiar with the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok. It's the 201110 model. Will try and post pics tomorrow

4. Back To Top    #4

I am trying to load a picture trough my iPhone. Having trouble any help here?

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Flash10325
    I am trying to load a picture trough my iPhone. Having trouble any help here?
    Bumping this to see if anybody can help.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

6. Back To Top    #6

It is doable as that's what I had. Search on my userid and it should take you to some threads that will explain the process. Basically I cut the pool to fit the included adapters.
    Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

7. Back To Top    #7

We really don't want to cut our pool if possible. At this point we have clamped through the old filter system. Took the impeller out of the motor. Hoping this works

8. Back To Top    #8

We really don't want to cut our pool if possible. At this point we have clamped through the old filter system. Took the impeller out of the motor. Hoping this works

what kind of luck have you had with using the old pump? I'm trying it and it's not working as well as I think it should. Especially when trying to vacuum.

9. Back To Top    #9

Did you take te impeller out of the old filters motor?

10. Back To Top    #10

Did you take te impeller out of the old filters motor?

yes it was already gone from where I had to replace it last season. when I try to vacuum using the skimmer plate. I get very little suction and the pre filter basket does not stay filled.

11. Back To Top    #11

Well we hooked it up like I said trough the old filter system. We just clamped it off very tight from the motor hole. It runs great.

12. Back To Top    #12

Well we hooked it up like I said trough the old filter system. We just clamped it off very tight from the motor hole. It runs great.
    Same here!

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

13. Back To Top    #13

after a couple of days now, I'm really happy with mine. I'm hooked up to the old filter pump port and although it seem like a bottleneck at that point, I'm still getting really great flow. My pool is clear as can be (better than it ever stayed before). I'm able to vacuum what little is left on the pool floor in just a couple of min. The vacuum suction is not what I expected but I can see being able to manage the pool under current conditions. I'm not sure what the problem is when I vacuum, under normal filtering the pump basket is full and shows strong flow. When I attach the skimmer vacuum plate, I get strong flow for a few seconds an the the flow from the jet going into the pool slows just a little better than a trickle and the pump basket is only about half filled, as if it was no longer primed. Is that common?

14. Back To Top    #14

I dunno, but when I vacuum I will connect inside the filter at the bottom, rather than to the hose attachment you set in top

15. Back To Top    #15

I dunno, but when I vacuum I will connect inside the filter at the bottom, rather than to the hose attachment you set in top

I was not sure of the place you were talking about attaching to, but I decided to try to see if I could find a more direct connection. the only place I could think that you meant was inside the skimmer where the old pump protrudes through the bottom. My vacuum hose would not fit over it but would fit snugly into the inside diameter of the pump port. I have to say it was way better, in fact it sucked my hose flat and now that is my next dilemma, finding a vacuum hose that won't collapse. Thanks for the tip and I guess the skimmer plate is just a bad way of doing it. Thanks to everyone else that has helped with comments.

16. Back To Top    #16

Glad to have helped.