How to add pictures to a post (full guide with screenshots)

PSW

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Feb 13, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I have seen this question asked many times on the forum, and have yet to find one centralized (simple) explanation of the process. I am creating this thread so I can link people to it when they need help adding photos (rather than having to type directions every time). If there is already a similar thread, I apologize..but here it goes!

I prefer to use flickr.com to host my images. This way, you don't have to worry about a file being too large to upload directly to TFP.

I am writing this guide assuming you already have a flickr account. If you do not, it is very easy to sign up! I can edit this post to add these directions if needed.

1) Choose image in your photostream
7256903146_c2df2faefb_c.jpg

2) Right-click on the image, choose desire image size
7256903862_c13860c5a9_c.jpg

3) Right-click image (again), click 'copy image location'
7256903518_cbc3f8772a_c.jpg

4) Click 'full editor' to create your post
7256903988_e3682e4fa5_c.jpg

5) Click the 'Img' button at the top of post editor
7256903924_d2c56e24f8_c.jpg

6) Paste the image location (from flickr) in between img tags
7256904038_ee719fc870_c.jpg

Now get off your computer and go enjoy your pool that you just posted pictures of! :party:

Re: How to add pictures to a post (full guide with screensho

Looks good, I thought about doing this, but I felt lazy ::epds::

I think it would be good for people to know that different browsers use different terminology for copying the images web address (URL).

Internet Explorer
Click on the desired picture with the right mouse button.
Select Properties from the menu.
Highlight the address appearing under Address (URL):.
Press Ctrl-C.

Mozilla Firefox
Click on the image with the right mouse button.
Choose Copy Image Location from the menu.

Safari and Opera
Click on the desired image with the right mouse button (or holding down Ctrl while clicking with the left or only button).
Select Copy Image Address from the menu.

Google Chrome
Click on the image with the right mouse button.
Select Copy Image URL from the menu that comes up.

Excellent addition to the thread!! I had not thought about that bit (Safari is all I ever use) :hammer:

Thank you Blake for doing this!!! This gave me the idea of how to get my pix from iPad to here easily using Flikr. Hope you don't mind me adding this.. (pm'ed you :) )

I found I could email pix from my iPad to Flickr and they show up in my photostream right away, uploading as you would normally do from a pc doesn't work for me since iPads don't have Flash. Go here for instructions... http://www.flickr.com/tools/. Forgot to say earlier, maybe it's a pc vs. mac thing, but I can't seem to get the copy image location, step 3, to work or me, so that's why I started playing around with this. Also, I use Safari instead of the app. Here are my steps to getting them from iPad to Flickr to tfp.

1. I open a post page/box here at tfp, write the reply, insert the placeholders where I want my image, and add a few spaces between them..
to make it easier (more room for fingertip) to place/paste the url. (you can also zoom the page larger to give yourself more room to insert the URL when pasting)

2. In a new tab I open my Flikr acct. From my photostream, I touch the photo I want, a menu comes up with size choices, (if picture does not come up after selecting it, touch the magnify glass... Sorry didn't highlight that....
7677739018_fed80f931d_d.jpg

3. I select the size I want, then I select download, which gives me the URL in the Safari browser bar.
7677793802_9ddd82f1af_d.jpg

4. I touch the browser bar to get the Select All, and then touch the bar again to get the Copy option to pop up, copy the URL, flip back to my post in progress here at tfp, and insert the url between the img brackets (shown in Blake's steps 4-6) and tighten up any extra space around the URL I may have left.
7677798868_b1ca8b676b_d.jpg

7677801794_beeb8501f1_d.jpg

Then preview to make sure all is good and then submit...

That's my work around for no Flash on the iPad... Works pretty quick and easy for me... HTH someone else :)

Great info!!! Thanks More! I'll try this system!

FCA85906-3D1E-4973-9757-F272D57F0467.jpeg

This thread is from almost 10 years ago when we were utilizing a totally different software and host. Now, it’s much simpler. Just click the photo frame thingy and select your photo. 👍

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.