Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How to add pictures to a post (full guide with screenshots)

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

How to add pictures to a post (full guide with screenshots)

I have seen this question asked many times on the forum, and have yet to find one centralized (simple) explanation of the process. I am creating this thread so I can link people to it when they need help adding photos (rather than having to type directions every time). If there is already a similar thread, I apologize..but here it goes!

I prefer to use flickr.com to host my images. This way, you don't have to worry about a file being too large to upload directly to TFP.

I am writing this guide assuming you already have a flickr account. If you do not, it is very easy to sign up! I can edit this post to add these directions if needed.

1) Choose image in your photostream

2) Right-click on the image, choose desire image size

3) Right-click image (again), click 'copy image location'

4) Click 'full editor' to create your post

5) Click the 'Img' button at the top of post editor

6) Paste the image location (from flickr) in between img tags

Now get off your computer and go enjoy your pool that you just posted pictures of!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How to add pictures to a post (full guide with screensho

Looks good, I thought about doing this, but I felt lazy

I think it would be good for people to know that different browsers use different terminology for copying the images web address (URL).

Internet Explorer
    Click on the desired picture with the right mouse button.
    Select Properties from the menu.
    Highlight the address appearing under Address (URL):.
    Press Ctrl-C.

Mozilla Firefox
    Click on the image with the right mouse button.
    Choose Copy Image Location from the menu.

Safari and Opera
    Click on the desired image with the right mouse button (or holding down Ctrl while clicking with the left or only button).
    Select Copy Image Address from the menu.

Google Chrome
    Click on the image with the right mouse button.
    Select Copy Image URL from the menu that comes up.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Excellent addition to the thread!! I had not thought about that bit (Safari is all I ever use)

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you Blake for doing this!!! This gave me the idea of how to get my pix from iPad to here easily using Flikr. Hope you don't mind me adding this.. (pm'ed you )

I found I could email pix from my iPad to Flickr and they show up in my photostream right away, uploading as you would normally do from a pc doesn't work for me since iPads don't have Flash. Go here for instructions... http://www.flickr.com/tools/. Forgot to say earlier, maybe it's a pc vs. mac thing, but I can't seem to get the copy image location, step 3, to work or me, so that's why I started playing around with this. Also, I use Safari instead of the app. Here are my steps to getting them from iPad to Flickr to tfp.

1. I open a post page/box here at tfp, write the reply, insert the placeholders where I want my image, and add a few spaces between them.. [img].....[/img] to make it easier (more room for fingertip) to place/paste the url. (you can also zoom the page larger to give yourself more room to insert the URL when pasting)

2. In a new tab I open my Flikr acct. From my photostream, I touch the photo I want, a menu comes up with size choices, (if picture does not come up after selecting it, touch the magnify glass... Sorry didn't highlight that....

3. I select the size I want, then I select download, which gives me the URL in the Safari browser bar.

4. I touch the browser bar to get the Select All, and then touch the bar again to get the Copy option to pop up, copy the URL, flip back to my post in progress here at tfp, and insert the url between the img brackets (shown in Blake's steps 4-6) and tighten up any extra space around the URL I may have left.

Then preview to make sure all is good and then submit...

That's my work around for no Flash on the iPad... Works pretty quick and easy for me... HTH someone else
    ~6500 gal 18' x 52" easy set agp, 7th year
    Intex 2650 sand filter, chlorine
    TF100 Test Kit
    Becoming a TFP lifetime supporter and purchasing the TF100 is absolutely the best money I have ever spent! :-D

5. Back To Top    #5

Great info!!! Thanks More! I'll try this system!
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html

6. Back To Top    #6

Very helpful post. Thanks for the information!!!!
    24 ft. round ABG-vinyl-15200 gallon
    Sand Filter w/1 1/2 HP pump
    Installed May 2011
    Taylor K-2006 test kit
    BBB method

http://www.poolcalculator.com/
    pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock
    pool-school/shocking_your_pool
    pool-school/pool_test_kit_comparison

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks, I gotta see more pictures of that pool!!! Can't wait to see water in it!!

So many beautiful pools here... One can dream!!!!
    ~6500 gal 18' x 52" easy set agp, 7th year
    Intex 2650 sand filter, chlorine
    TF100 Test Kit
    Becoming a TFP lifetime supporter and purchasing the TF100 is absolutely the best money I have ever spent! :-D