Intex A Filter Replacement

May 22, 2012
Kitzmiller, MD
Good Afternoon everyone,

I'm Joe. I just put up my first pool of any kind this past week. Of course the hardest part was getting the ground level. I was about 16 inches off, so instead of digging out the lowside, I built a box our of treated 2x6's and 4x4posts. Then I filled that in with #57 gravel, drove my truck, my ATV, my ATV with loaded wagon, my own 2 feet on top of that every so many inches to tamp it down. Then I finished that with about 3 inches of masonry sand, put down pavers, setup the pool.

I now have the pool filled up from my own well. That went surprisingly fast. My water has alot of iron in it. I am working on that, actually my wife is. She showed an interest in treating the pool. I got out of the way as quickly as I possibly could.

My problem is the replacement filter. I bought 2 at Walmart for the Type A,C pump. I wanted to have them ready because I knew how bad the water is. The new filter hole is much smaller than the installed filter and won't fit down in there. Am I doing something wrong? Did I get the wrong filter? If I purchase the Unicel-4607, will that work?

Also, I appreciate this forum. It helped me plan out the process of setting the pool up. Especially the post about putting the top frame together to set the pavers. What a brain saver. :idea:

Walmart filters are summer escapes brand. Just enlarge the hole with a box cutter. :-D I can upload pics if you need a visual but as long as you leave slight ridge outside the first ring, the filter will fit securely.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.