Pentair "Clear-pro Technology", Sand Filter, Normal Pressure?

Hi to all,

I have a Tagelus TA60 with clearPro since 2 years and alaways had a hard time besause of high pressure (25 psi -27 psi after 5-10 minutes backwash and 45 sec. rinse).

When running in recirculate mode, pressure is around 12 psi.

Is it normal a 15 psi difference between recirculate and filter for this type of filter?

If I fill with gravel + sand should it reduce pressure?

Even new it was running at minimum 24 psi.

Please help me because of high pressure I need to backwash everyday because heather stop to work with the flow error message.

Here is my equipment:
Superflo 1.5 HP
Tagelus TA60 with clearPro
Summit SUM 3 heat pump.

Thanks.

Re: Pentair "Clear-pro Technology", Sand Filter, Normal Pres

25 psi seems high but I have no experience with the Clear-pro filters.

12 psi is high in recirc mode. Can you tell us more about you pool and equipment? How far it is from pool to pad, what size piping you have, etc.?

That pressure seems high to me even in recirculate (bypassing the filter). I wonder if you have a restriction on your return side.

The clear-pro system exchanges the slotted laterals in favor of laterals that are made of porous material which will filter down closer to DE filters.

cadillac said:
That pressure seems high to me even in recirculate (bypassing the filter). I wonder if you have a restriction on your return side.

The clear-pro system exchanges the slotted laterals in favor of laterals that are made of porous material which will filter down closer to DE filters.

When in recirculate or filter, water seem to go back to the pool without restriction (don`t have any problem to vacum either), I have a jet in the stairs and I keep it always open.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

It sounds like a restriction in the return plumbing somewhere [s:2lf8g0ad]especially since it wasn't that way last year[/s:2lf8g0ad]. Oops, I see it was that way last year.

You said it was algae last year when you had a problem. Do you suspect it could be again?

I though this all sounded familiar.

A normal sand filter will let dead/alive algae right through, but a clearpro will catch it all.

Bama Rambler said:
It sounds like a restriction in the return plumbing somewhere [s:2a2pm3po]especially since it wasn't that way last year[/s:2a2pm3po]. Oops, I see it was that way last year.

You said it was algae last year when you had a problem. Do you suspect it could be again?

I did shock, got water checked, its all balanced...

Since I have this pool I need to backwash every 2 days other wise FLO error message on filter.

Could I try to run filter without any sand....would pressure be lower?

Talk to yet another tech a Pentair, he says the 13 psi on recirculate is quite high, it should be more like 5.

He says to check all the ball valve, maybe they don't open completly. => will do tonight.

He says to make sure using #20 sand => I will change it tonight.

Clean laterals using soap and water. => will do tonight.

I will post after!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.