Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: replacing/fixing old coping

1. Back To Top    #1

replacing/fixing old coping

I have an old Spartan pool built in 1972. It has wide white coping that has seen a better day. There are plastic pieces that covered the joints in the coping which are now busted, leaving the seams exposed, and ants have found a home inside the hollow coping. I cannot find anything to replace the coping... I have caulked and painted, but this is required yearly. Does anyone have any suggestions on making the coping look better?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: replacing/fixing old coping

I have similar situation and think I may also have a Spartan pool - possibly similar age. Anyone recognize the coping in the attached picture and/or have any suggestions for the "clips" that originally spanned the gap between sections of this aluminum, 6.5 inch wide coping?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Leo In Kennesaw, GA
    Older 40x20 rectangular pool
    38,000 gallons
    Vinyl In-ground - Buster Crabbe
    Pentair Chlorinator - Salt - SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: replacing/fixing old coping

Turns out my pool is a Buster Crabbe - circa early 1970s. Had excellent results painting and reinstalling the coping with stainless steel screws, and made replacement clips from flat 1/8 inch aluminum stock. Pictures here - Restored Buster Crabbe, aluminum coping, coping clips, etc.....
    Leo In Kennesaw, GA
    Older 40x20 rectangular pool
    38,000 gallons
    Vinyl In-ground - Buster Crabbe
    Pentair Chlorinator - Salt - SWG