Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELPP!!!! New pool owner, dont know how to set up!!

1. Back To Top    #1

HELPP!!!! New pool owner, dont know how to set up!!

We purchased our pool last summer. Had it set up and it ended up sinking on the one side and busted out the seem. Because it happen a week after having it we got it replace. So my question is how can we get it set up so the poles DO NOT sink. I have heard to put sand down but then I have also heard not to. Please please please help me out. My kids love the water and I just want them to be able to enjoy it this year. And also what types of things should we buy for cleaning. Any advice helps! Thanks sooooo much!
    12'X20'X48" AGP
    6300 gallons (according to poolcalc)
    Hayward 180T sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: HELPP!!!! New pool owner, dont know how to set up!!

Welcome to TFP!

Can you tell us what kind of pool and equipment you have?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Its an intex. I believe the size is 15x27 or something like that. The only thing we have is tarp and everything that came with the pool.
    12'X20'X48" AGP
    6300 gallons (according to poolcalc)
    Hayward 180T sand filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi, welcome to TFP! You will need to level your site so the pool will be level within 1" all the way around once assembled. Make sure you dig down to level and the ground is hard and compacted. You can add a layer of sand or hard builder's foam to improve the feel of the floor but do not use it to level the pool. Use patio blocks under each upright pole. Dig so the patio blocks are even with the leveled ground. As the pool fills you will need to adjust the poles a bit to make sure everything stays plumb and level.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!