Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool collapsed in rain

1. Back To Top    #1

Mansfield, Tx

Pool collapsed in rain

After 6 weeks of waiting for permits they start on the pool. Day 1 it's excavated, Day 2 they lay the rebar, Day 3 it rains.
    The sides do a landslide act, the PB says don't worry, this happens and he will make it as good as new. Any expierience or words of encouragement?, on Flickr">, on Flickr">
    16K Gunite, Spa w/ Waterfall
    Beadcrete Plaster. (3) Shear Decents
    Jandy 60 Sq ft DE Filter
    (2) Jandy Stealth 2.0 HP Pumps
    AquaPure SWG w/ PDA
    (5) Returns, (2) Floor Drains, (1) Skimmer
    LXi Heater, Letro Platium Cleaner w/ Booster Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD
    These things happen sometimes. As long as you have a good builder they will take care of whatever work needs to be redone. They only had two days of work into it, so worst case they need to do those two days over.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mushroom Capital of the World
    I'm no expert, but I think you'll be ok. It looks like your PB did a really nice job on staking it out and the steel work, so they should be able to set it straight.

And six weeks for permits??? Wow.. if you can make it through that, you can make it through anything!!!

25000 Gals, Intellichlor IC40 SWG , Intelliflo 4X160, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Easy Touch 8, Polaris 280

My adventure: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html

4. Back To Top    #4

Rocklin, Ca
    I think the only potential issue would be when they backfill after gunite. Make sure they compact this soil well before concrete.
    11000 Gals, Intelliflo, Sta-Rite Cartridge, Polaris 360

Pool I built in my old house: my-new-pool-build-t4534.html