Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer location from liner track

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer location from liner track

Hello again: I'm still restoring a 62 year old concrete pool... Once finished it will have a vinyl liner. I am installing an new skimmer, and am wondering how much space I should have from the top of the skimmer face plate to the liner track. I have some flexibility on the skimmer location (now), but once it's mortared in, it's mortared in. I imagine more space between the top of the skimmer and the liner track is preferable, but I want the water level as high as possible on the pool wall. Suggestions?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Skimmer location from liner track

I can not get a picture in my mind....can you post a pic or redescribe. I guess I am trying to figure out where the liner track is going first.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I was thinking about an inch below the bead receiver but like the other Dave, I can't quite picture it. I know the top of my ABG widemouth skimmer is about an inch below the bead receiver.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm not having any luck in my attempts to shrink down the file size of the photo to an acceptable level, but I'm not sure that it would provide much insight as it's a bit complicated. Bama Rambler: I think we're on the same page--so the top of you skimmer faceplate is about 1" below the liner bead track, and there's liner in that 1" area? Just checking to be sure. I've added 4" block around the perimeter of my pool to make it deeper, and will have bullnose coping on top of the block, so I want the water level to be higher up on the (new, higher) wall.

Thanks again,
    Jamie

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, I was looking at it yesterday and there's about an inch of liner above the skimmer.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit