Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Your help last year resulted in a 1 day open this year!

1. Back To Top    #1

Your help last year resulted in a 1 day open this year!

Thank you TFP!! Closed last year after water temp was around 60, but then had to uncover and refill due to horrendous leak (~5" a week). Filled, got leak fixed (November in Kansas, IIRC). Bunch of leaves blew in, but pump was disassembled, so leaves stayed in. Covered up for winter.

Took cover off 5:30pm Friday, water temp was 64, had enough green in the pool we could not see the bottom. Worked 'til midnight, and checked on things at 3:30am. Thanks to a couple complete brushings & The Pool Calculator, water was looking good Saturday morning; very good late Saturday afternoon; and great by Sunday morning.

This will be my first full season with a pool (I had this for most of last year), and my first time opening. Temp is up considerably, I imagine we'll be swimming by the end of the week.

Anyway, opening went very well thanks to all of you who helped me last year!
    25,000 gallon 18x36 vinyl inground, sand filter, been doing this a few years now and feel like I have a decent handle on it.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Your help last year resulted in a 1 day open this year!

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School