Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for pool thread of pool with island/splash pad

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for pool thread of pool with island/splash pad

I was tooling around the forum a few weeks ago and came upon a cool design that had an island capped in flagstone built into the middle of the pool. Can anyone point me back to the thread please.

Also, I broke ground today on my owner/builder pool. Will post pic's tonite or tommorrow. For reference the design is attached. Let's hope I end up with something that looks like this when I'm done. Very nervous and excited!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Planning a IG 30,200 gal, (35x18)with spa, Geometric shape, DE filter, likely Pebble tec or similar, 2-1.5hp pumps, no waterfall just 3-spills from back, pentair equip
    Cypress, TX

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Looking for pool thread of pool with island/splash pad

Looks like a nice design..I can't wait to pictures of the progress!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Looking for pool thread of pool with island/splash pad

Hmm...I remember seeing a couple of simultaneous builds with tables/islands in them, but I can't find either one of them now...
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

4. Back To Top    #4

Owner/Builder Project in Cypress, TX Underway!

We finished the day and the excavators expected to dig in the morning and rebar in the afternoon but only finished the forming and excavating. I personally thought they had high expectations, so i'm not too bothered. My plumbers recommended these guys and i went on a leap of faith and I must say they were on time, courteous, cleaned up at the end of day and every measurement was dead on. I have one correction on the column as we miscalculated the size once we add the limestone ledge, but shouldn't be a big deal to correct.

I'm using a mac this time and seem to be having trouble uploading pictures so i will try again tomorrow.
    Planning a IG 30,200 gal, (35x18)with spa, Geometric shape, DE filter, likely Pebble tec or similar, 2-1.5hp pumps, no waterfall just 3-spills from back, pentair equip
    Cypress, TX

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Re: Owner/Builder Project in Cypress, TX Underway!

Quote Originally Posted by grhein19
    I'm using a mac this time and seem to be having trouble uploading pictures so i will try again tomorrow.
    If you are having trouble uploading the pics directly to TFP, then you can upload to flickr instead.

Then in flicker, click 'view all sizes,' choose the size you want to embed, then right click and choose 'copy image location'

Then when posting, using the full editor, paste the image location in between Img tags (which are selected from top of editor)