Leveling Question 24 ABG Round

May 21, 2012
Got a few questions.
Trying to get the pool mostly in this week and this weekend.
Of course it will only be in the 90's here in Southern Indiana this weekend.
Great time to install.

We started leveling the ground last weekend.
We first used the front end loader on the tractor to get most of the dirt out of the area.
Slope is around 9 inches from low to high.

Question I have is in the process of using the front end loader, there is some lower type of spots
then the orginial low spot that we measured off. These couple of spots are in the interior of the pool area.

I still have some high spots to take out using the board and level method, but can we just fill these lower spots created
by the loader with sand when the time comes? Of course it will all be tamped down with a motorized tamper.

Thanks for the help and sorry if this has been asked before but i did go back 15 pages to check.

Appreciate the help and the forum......

How big of low spots are you talking about? I'd be inclined to compact dirt into them rather than sand if they are very deep, especially if you are on clay.

Are you installing an Intex type pool or a perm. AGP? If and Intex type - on the deeper spots, I would fill with dirt, tamp and soak w/water. Let sit till dry and then re-level/smooth out with sand and tamp the entire area. If perm. AGP if it is just in the pool area and not the posts/wall area, fill and tamp, soak and tamp again.
PS, if there is something that you want to search for, look in the bottom left corner and use that search. Or you can use the search in the menu right next to your name on the right side.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.