Intex Ultra Frame, Pavers or Sand?

May 22, 2012
Hi

Found this website, lots of valuable information! I really need help with my Intex pool. We have the 18' x 52" ultra frame. Last summer had someone come out with a bobcat and level it out. Things seemed okay until mid-late summer, when one side started to sink a bit. We never put any pavers or sand under the pool. We ended up taking the pool down at the end of the season.
We'd like to have it back up soon, trying for this weekend. My husband thinks we need sand, but I think we need pavers under each footing. Someone told me to dig the hole for the paver, put leveling sand in there, the paver on top, so it is flush with the ground. Repeat this for every leg.
Would I put the tarp on top of this? Then the pool?
My brother has a laser level he said I can use, although I don't know what I'm doing. He says it is easy to use.
I've read not to put sand under Intex pools, but I've also read you can just put it right on top of your grass! Did NOT work for us. This will be the 3rd time putting this pool up, I want to do it right!
Thank you for the help!

I agree with Bama Rambler. (Headed to Bama from Cali on Sat by the way)

I just did this with pavers and have had some settling and slight unevenness in a few uprights even after all my efforts to level the pavers and place them on solid ground. I can't imagine not putting the pavers under each leg after seeing how much things changed once my pool was full. 7,000 gallons at 8.33 lbs/gal is 58,310 lbs or 29 tons of water!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.