need new pump for my intex

May 22, 2012
I am new here, and have been reading a lot.
One question I have is, that with my 15X48 intex pool, that is about 4 years old, the original little pump died.
A friend gave me a intex 633, which is 2500GPH. But he had used all of the hoses and fittings.

So, If I make this pump back to original, I will spend about $100, which I can buy the pump for new with the fitting and hoses, and end up with a spare pump that fits the system. Or I have been looking at the intex 1600 and 2650 sand filters because they are so much less expensive than everythig else.

one other option is the connector that intex sells to connect the smaller hoses to the valve, will that fitting hook right to the pump, and alow me to use the current hoses?

Money is tight, and if possible I would like to use the little money I have to get some type of solar heater. But the pump is needed, and the solar heater is not a requirement, but would make the pool much more enjoyable here in the Northwest.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Thank you for your reply.
Is the intex sand filter a good system? Reading on here people seem to like it. and the 1600 seems to be enough and comes with adapters to fit my pool, or up to the 2650? This would also allow me to use a normal pool vacuum.
My problem is I want to do it right, and spend nothing more than I must. I am really bad at "well for another $$ I can make it better" but I am really limited this year on spending.
2 girls going to college is about to bankrupt me! :roll:

So would the 2650 be better, or should I find a diferent model and save for it, and just cob the 633 together for the year?
I would like to be able to vac the pine needles from the floor of the pool, These are the biggest pain I have to deal with. I can get the rest of it with a net.

whynot162 said:
So would the 2650 be better, or should I find a diferent model and save for it, and just cob the 633 together for the year?
I would like to be able to vac the pine needles from the floor of the pool, These are the biggest pain I have to deal with. I can get the rest of it with a net.
In your situation, it seems like it would make sense to try the 633 and see if it meets your needs, and if it doesn't, then look to replace it. I sure wouldn't spend much to "cob" it together though...$100 seems like to much to me. You should be able to find a cheaper way to do it (fernco rubber couplings, etc.).

The $100 was for going factory original and buying all of the little pieces.
Found a fitting on their web site that adapts the valves to the smaller hose, I ordered those, and am hoping that they will screw on the pump. Right now I am at $16,
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.