One more question from a newbie

May 22, 2012
I'm not using it chlorine tabs in my pool, just clorox. I add it at night. When I get home from work the following afternoon my FC is lower ( because of the sun and because it's doing it's job, right?). I add more chlorine and the process starts all over. Is it ok that my FC drops throughout the day? Should I think about a swg to maintain it? How do you all handle this?

The first thing to do is post the actual numbers you're seeing. The object is to raise it high enough at night that it's still above the lower recommended level for your CYA when you test it the next night.

It's perfectly normal for the FC to drop during the day. Most of us shoot for about a 2ppm loss per day.

Yes, the OCLT would tell you if the loss is due to something living in the pool. You could get more loss during the day as the sun becomes more intense in the summer, but the OCLT would tell you if it was due to the sun or organics.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.