Hayward dv5000

doctnj

May 2, 2012
Is this thing a piece of Crud or am I just a moron? I cant seem to get it to work at all. How critical is cutting down the suction for proper operation? The instructions are a bit vague. It comes with a diverter insert and I cant make heads or tails out of where in the line it goes. Ive tried using the weight. Not using the weight. I installed the flapper valve thing inside the skimmer so I could cut down the suction that way. I tried using the skimmer vac addapter that came with the hayward skimmer and the hose wont fit. I may or will I should say get a robot later this summer but for now I would at least like to get this thing working.

Also has anyone ever used the skim/vac addapter that alternates between both skimming and vacumming. I only have one skimmer so the idea seams like a good one. But I dont know how anything would get into the basket if one could even be used.

Sorry for so many questions.

The amount of suction to those "jerky" cleaners is very critical. Too much and they won't work right and too little and they won't work right.

The vacuum regulator on mine works best between the first and second section of hose out of the skimmer. I have to have a second coupling to get it in the hose but it works well when set up like that.

ITS ALIVE :lol:
Wow the thing works. I hooked it up wrong. and the whole time I thought I had too much suction and indeed it wasnt enough. It seemed to do a fair job as well. I was in a bit of a hurry to turn the pumps off because they had been running for a couple days straight so I had to drag it around to a few spots then finally just got out the vacumm head but over all pretty impressed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.