Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: modifying a store bought gazebo

1. Back To Top    #1

modifying a store bought gazebo

Hi guys and gals. First post. I have a gazebo question. I have a 10 x 10 store bought I believe aluminum frame gazebo anchored to my concrete patio. I can't get more than a year out of the cloth covers I have bought. What I was thinking about trying is taking off the supports that hold the cover and making a flat wood cover. Anyone tried this? Any thoughts on whether this would work? What type of wood should I use? Any thoughts will be appreciated.
    10,400 gallons, filter cartridge, AG, no clue on the pump size
    Coffeegoddss...bonafide thread killer!
    POOL SCHOOL...fortheloveofgawd, read POOL SCHOOL

2. Back To Top    #2

Lynchburg VA

Re: modifying a store bought gazebo

I would worry about the weight of the wood on the aluminum frame. I think and better solution might be to look into ordering a custom made fabric screen cover that will fit the frame. With some of the commercial grade materials out there you should get better life out of it.
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: modifying a store bought gazebo

Check with some awning places nearby. They have some materials that will last for years in the weather and the cost would be about the same as using wood.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit