Newb Planning to Clear a Green Pool

Re: Newb Planning to Clear a Green Pool - PICTURES!

blakej said:
Only thing I might change is CH..you could be in the 250-350 range

Gotcha!

Here are the pictures, as promised. Thanks for the walk thru, jason & blake. :)

[attachment=1:197fuaal]May 22.jpg[/attachment:197fuaal]
[attachment=0:197fuaal]May 22- Deep end.jpg[/attachment:197fuaal]

Attachments

• May 22.jpg
    May 22.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 27
  • May 22- Deep end.jpg
    May 22- Deep end.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 27
More pics. Sorry it's broken into several posts. I'm at work so using work computer. Kinda limited on what I can & cannot do...

[attachment=1:2n78g7vr]May 26.jpg[/attachment:2n78g7vr][attachment=0:2n78g7vr]May 26 - Deep end.jpg[/attachment:2n78g7vr]

Attachments

• May 26.jpg
    May 26.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 27
  • May 26 - Deep end.jpg
    May 26 - Deep end.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 27
Re: Newb Planning to Clear a Green Pool - PICTURES!

All sparkly!!!
[attachment=1:3d49db1g]May 29.jpg[/attachment:3d49db1g]
[attachment=0:3d49db1g]May 30.jpg[/attachment:3d49db1g]

Again, sorry for the multiple picture posts. I'll get the hang of posting pics, promise! :)

Attachments

• May 29.jpg
    May 29.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 27
  • May 30.jpg
    May 30.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 27
Bruce_Lei said:
So, now to maintain the pool, I do the basic ph/chlorine test daily? The FC/CC weekly (or as necessary if pool is not looking clear, after pool parties, rain); and the rest of the tests monthly?
See: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/basic_pool_care_schedule

Bruce_Lei said:
Would these target levels be okay??
ph good

FC maybe shoot for 6 ppm in the evening and see how much you have the following evening, you do not want to go below 2 ppm FC(I used poolcalculator and a cya 30)

TA leave for now unless your ph has issues (like fast upward drift...though I doubt you will)

CYA you might want up to 50 ppm (depending on sun lose), but you plan is good to wait for your vacation

CH I would probably shoot for 250 for now.

Bruce_Lei said:
The pump is still on 24/7. How soon can I turn it down? What would be a good pump run time for my pool, variable speed?
You can definitely turn it down. Rule of thumb is get at least one pool turnover per day. You might want to run a little higher for a short time each day to make your skimmers more effective.

Bruce_Lei said:
Again, thank you! Wish I could invite you all to our pool parties! :cheers:
Just tell us what time to come :party:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.