Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pro-Series Pool with a Intex Salt Water System

1. Back To Top    #1

Pro-Series Pool with a Intex Salt Water System

I have had a Intex Salt Water System for my above ground pool for three years but the pool had to be thrown out. Kept the system and purchased a new Pro-Series Pool (16x48) over the weekend and sure enough the connections on the salt water system will not fit the Pro-Series pool motor. I searched a few sites to see if Pro-Series has their own system but no luck so far. Can't use the chemicals because my son has a reaction to the chemicals. Pool is half filled but kind of stuck right now. Any clues or suggestions?

Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pro-Series Pool with a Intex Salt Water System

Look through the Intex threads and you may find some clues that will work.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

You can buy or make adapters to convert between the two different hose sizes. There are a couple of posts indexed here that talk about ways to approach this problem.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the suggestions.

I figured out another way instead of using adapters and such. Since I had my old Intex pump system, I used that as a middle pump. I took the hose out of the Pro-Series pump into the old Intex pump and then connected the salt water hose to the Intex pump and back to the salt water system.

The salt water system just ran for the past 12 hours with no problems. I know you can still purchase the old Intex pumps at Wal-mart and Amazon but so far everything is working without any leaks. I also put a filter in the Intex system also. Might cost more for filters and electricity but this worked better for me instead of plumbing adapters and such.

Good luck.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi! I am in this same situation. I thought I would be able to use my salt water filter with the new Pro pool. How did you connect the tubing to the old filter when you added it in the middle?

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by rleh87 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I figured out another way instead of using adapters and such. Since I had my old Intex pump system, I used that as a middle pump. I took the hose out of the Pro-Series pump into the old Intex pump and then connected the salt water hose to the Intex pump and back to the salt water system.

The salt water system just ran for the past 12 hours with no problems. I know you can still purchase the old Intex pumps at Wal-mart and Amazon but so far everything is working without any leaks. I also put a filter in the Intex system also. Might cost more for filters and electricity but this worked better for me instead of plumbing adapters and such.

Good luck.