Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Colorscapes color choices

1. Back To Top    #1

Colorscapes color choices

Hi, our gunite was shot 2 days ago, and we need to make a color choice on Colorscapes quartz. We want our water to be a "lake" blue, not electric blue, and definitely not green. We were told that gray or black would give us this result. Does anyone have any photos of their Colorscapes finished pools in various colors? Thank you sooooo much.
    Anne Marie in NJ
    Anne Marie, Monmouth County ,NJ. Salt water in ground french grey quartz/gunite pool 25000 gallons install July 2012

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Colorscapes color choices

Welcome to TFP!
    I have a hard time picturing exactly what "lake blue" looks like, but it sounds like you definitely want a dark gray color. The whites will definitely be "electric" blue, and tans will be greenish (think sea-green Caribbean shorelines).
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Realize that as the "plaster" gets darker, the odds of different shading showing up in the surface increases. Said another way: harder to get a uniform color the darker the surface gets ... this bothers some more than others.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

[attachment=0:1u6im33t]IMG_7604a.jpg[/attachment:1u6im33t][attachment=0:1u6im33t]IMG_7604a.jpg[/attachment:1u6im33t]trying to attach photo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Anne Marie, Monmouth County ,NJ. Salt water in ground french grey quartz/gunite pool 25000 gallons install July 2012

5. Back To Top    #5

ammenges,
    were you happy with the way the french grey turned out? did you color your concrete also?
    36 x 18, 3'-7', 420 cartridge, whisperflo pump 2hp, pentair legend cleaner, intellichor salt system, jump rock, ok flagstone, suntan ledge w 2 bubblers, LED w opt controller, intermatic w/freeze, 400sf amerideck, quartzscape or colorscape plaster, 12 inch wall for slope in yard

6. Back To Top    #6

I love the way it turned out. We ended up going with the "French Grey" by colorscapes. The photo above is my husband's aunt's pool which was the color we were trying to duplicate. I'm going to attempt to put in a picture of our completed pool. But I really am very happy with it. Thanks for asking! Now I have to start pool school because I Ned to get more comfortable with the chemistry and maintenance aspect of it.

7. Back To Top    #7

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the reply! Couldn't get the pic to open but love the one of your aunts pool. The PB I am going with offers colorscapes or quartzscapes. I am trying to decide, wanting a darker blue but not too dark and no green.
    what color tile did you go with?
    36 x 18, 3'-7', 420 cartridge, whisperflo pump 2hp, pentair legend cleaner, intellichor salt system, jump rock, ok flagstone, suntan ledge w 2 bubblers, LED w opt controller, intermatic w/freeze, 400sf amerideck, quartzscape or colorscape plaster, 12 inch wall for slope in yard

9. Back To Top    #9

This is the French grey. I think the blue is very nice. We were shooting for a limitless darker but are happy with this. The tiles are Slate sunrise 6x6

10. Back To Top    #10

This is the French grey. I think the blue is very nice. We were shooting for a limitless darker but are happy with this. The tiles are Slate sunrise 6x6

11. Back To Top    #11

Wow!!! It looks beautiful!!!

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by ammenges

I love your pool. What color is your coping?