May 17, 2012
tn
I got my kit today and tested my water. Here are the results I saw
cya-36
ph-7.2
Fc-9
Ch-100
Ta-170

My water is a pretty blue but not clear, too cloudy. I can barely see the bottom in shallow end and cant see deep end. I am wondering what to do next. I am vacuuming and I know there is still some debris in the deep end but how much is hard to say. The pool sits in the sun all day long and It was a swamp a week ago but has stayed blue for several days now. I have kept bleach in it the last couple of days to keep the FC level up till I get my kit and could know for sure how high it was. Any thoughts as to what I need to do with level, etc...?

cc level was 0. So I will get my FC up to 14 and maintain it till water is clear. Do I want to vacuum in the process eventhough I cant see the bottom or wait until water is clear. I know there is a little debris in the bottom of the deep end but not much. I brushed it up earlier and was skimming it out.

The more gunk you can remove from the water the better ... if you are vacuuming to the filter, then the chlorine will still have to consume it.

If you think the CYA is closer to 40ppm, then using 16ppm for FC shock level may be better ... you ideally want to keep the FC ABOVE that level at all times.

High FC can fade the liner, but you have to be WAY over the shock levels for your CYA level. I am not sure how far over, but I think it is pretty far like double or something ... a few ppm over will not be a problem.

Update: Water is looking better, still fighting FC levels lowering so I know i still have a ways to go.

Question: If we are getting rain everyday should I still be putting in bleach during the day while it is raining or wait til it finishes at night. We are getting afternoon rain storms this week. My FC keeps dropping during the day so I keep adding bleach to get it up throughout the day. Wanted to make sure I wasnt wasting bleach while it is raining.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.